- Juris Doctor, With Distinction, University of North Dakota, 2006
- Civil & Family Mediator Qualification Training, 2004
- Bachelor of Science, Honors, Summa Cum Laude, University of North Dakota, 2003
- Associate Professor of Aviation, UND Aerospace, 2013 to present
- Adjunct Professor of Space Studies, UND Aerospace, 2010 to 2015
- Assistant Professor of Aviation, UND Aerospace, 2007 to 2013
- Attorney at Law, 2007 to present
- Civil and Family Mediator, 2004 to present
- Commercial Pilot & Certified Flight Instructor, 2001 to present. Remote Pilot, 2016 to present
- Undergraduate: Aviation 100 – Aviation Orientation, Aviation 102 – Introduction to Aviation, Aviation 222 – IFR Regulations and Procedures, Aviation 302 – Air Transportation, Aviation 372 –Global Perspectives in Aviation History, Aviation 389 – Introduction to Aerobatic Flight, Aviation 403 – Aviation Law, Aviation 485 – Aviation Capstone, Aviation 491 – Methods & Materials in Aviation
- Graduate: Aviation 501 – General Issues in Aviation, Aviation 512 – Aviation Environmental Concerns, Space Studies 565 – Space Law.
- Honors: Honors 393 – Transportation Today and Tomorrow
- Drones, Data, and Privacy – Ongoing research area. Published recently in ND Law Review, Journal of Air & Space Law, Journal of Space Law, International Aviation and Transportation Safety Bar Association, Air & Space Lawyer, Journal of International Media and Entertainment Law, American Bar Association, American Public Media, Minnesota Public Radio. 2009 to present. Presentation of same research locally, regionally, and nationally, 2009-present.
- Book Chapter – Insurance as a Mission Enabler for UAS, Encyclopedia of Aerospace Engineering, John Wiley & Sons Ltd., UK.
- Study of Teaching and Learning in Aviation (Collegiate Aviation Review, University Aviation Association, 2011)
- Air Law casebook Editor (Kendall-Hunt Publishing Co., 2009)
- UND Aerobatic Team Faculty Advisor, 2009 to present. (8 consecutive national championships)
- National Academies Transportation Research Board (committee member 2009-2012, peer reviewer, 2011- present)
- International Air and Transportation Safety Bar Association member, 2008 to present.
- Multiple University & Department committees, 2008 to present.