Follow this procedure to get dispatched an aircraft for your Family Flight.
- Arrive at the airport with your passenger(s) at least one hour prior to launch time.
- Passengers will be directed to the airport classroom to receive a safety briefing.
- Passengers will each sign a Release and Agreement form and return it to the student.
- Each student will fill out a dual or solo Aircraft Request Form and bring it to the SOF and obtain a practice area.
- Dispatch will inform the student his/her specific aircraft and return the request form to the student.
- Obtain a weather briefing.
- The student will generate and print a weight and balance from AIMS for that particular aircraft and calculate/enter all appropriate aircraft performance data.
- The student will return to the Family Weekend SOF Desk with the passenger Release and Agreement form, the Student Currency/Proficiency Report, weight and balance, performance data, logbook, certificates, endorsements (BFR, wind), and the solo or dual Aircraft Request Form.
- The Family Weekend SOF will check to see that everything is in order, and if so, the SOF will sign the Aircraft Request Form.
- The student will then take these forms to Dispatch and they will be dispatched the assigned aircraft. The aircraft will be located on the appropriate ramp for the type of aircraft.
Print Dispatch Procedures Checklist